Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Are you sure this is fun?

The kids and I spent a wonderful weekend with my parents camping at Lake Hartwell in South Carolina. Jamie was not able to go with us... but hopefully he can get away the next time we go. I have several pics and experiences to share with you about the weekend, but one stands out above the rest.


For the past two years we have "taught" Jake how to go tubing. The first year was a struggle and he only went about 100 yards before he was screaming that he had had enough! Last year was better, but he wasn't yet big enough to lay across the tube. He still had to climb in and it made for an extremely bumpy ride. This year, however, Papa (my dad) decided to teach him how to lay across the tube.


The first day of tubing was okay, but not too much fun for Jake. He didn't like the way the water was splashing in his eyes. Well, he decided he had the answer... Goggles! So, green goggles and all, the second day was MUCH better. As a matter of fact, he said that he made up a song and sang while he was tubing.

I am so blessed to have this silly little boy as my son. God gave me great delight in watching have fun!

So, I hope you enjoy the show... green goggles and all!


"Correct your son, and he will give you comfort; He will also delight your soul."





No comments: