Sunday, July 6, 2008

Special Guests

After brunch on Saturday morning, my eye was caught by something moving around in the backyard. Our special guests were back. Two years ago, a doe raised two fawns in our backyard. Earlier this Spring we saw a doe, obviously expecting, eating the honeysuckle at the back of our property. Sadly, the fawns never appeared. I just assumed that maybe the doe decided to take her babies elsewhere.


I was delighted that the doe decided our backyard was once again a nice place to bring her two new little ones. Our neighborhood backs up to a protected National Park, so the deer here have never been threatened or afraid of humans. Although I would never atempt to approach one, we were able to go out on the back deck and enjoy a look at our special guests.


The moment was surreal. We were basking in the beauty of God's sweet creations. Just then, knowing that her Papa's hunting seasons have not been that great lately, Nati Grace whispered, "We need to call Papa."


Don't worry...the sweet family in our backyard will never see a kitchen table.



"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?" ~Psalm 42:1-2








No comments: