Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dancing the Day Away!

My family just returned two days ago from a wonderful vacation to Panama City Beach, Florida. While there, my son, Jake, decided to do a little dancing on the beach for everyone to see. Boy, can he put on a show. It went on for about 10 minutes before I decided I should probably get out the camera and film a bit of his moves!

There are days that I wish I could just go outside and DANCE! I can't say that I have ever been a good dancer. As a matter of fact, I think my skills were at their best when I danced as a chicken in a dance recital at age six. It is the freedom of dancing that is enticing to me. When we were children, dancing just came natural. With absolutely no skill at all, we would dance like the whole world was watching and hope that they were.

I have contemplated if I can take the same look on my walk with the Lord as I did when with my dancing as a child. Reckless abandonment! Can I live a life for Christ with no skill of my own...only His? Can I live a life that He shines through...even in my messes? Can I live a life for Christ like the whole world is watching...and hope that they are?

"Let them praise His name with dancing; Let them sing praises to Him with timbrel and lyre." ~Psalm 149:3


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how much he has grown! What a blessing!