Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Welcoming Crew!

One of our favorite little restaurants to eat at is Moe’s. For those of you who have not heard of it before it is like Subway style Tex-mex. We love to eat there and the kids especially like because when anyone walks in the door, the employees all yell as loud as possible, “Welcome to Moe’s!”
In celebration of Jake’s win on Saturday, we took a visit to Moe’s. By the time we left, Jake and Nati Grace were joining in on the fun with, “Welcome to Moe’s,” each time a new customer walked in the doors.


Sunday after church we found ourselves once again headed to eat somewhere. Jake quickly asked, “Can we go to Moe’s?”

After explaining that we were going to eat elsewhere, Jake got a very profound look on his face and asked, “Hey, Mommy, do you know how when you eat at Moe’s they always scream, ‘Welcome to Moe’s?’”

“Yes…,” I replied.

“Well, I think that when people walk in the door at church we should scream, ‘Welcome to Jesus!’”

Wow! Am I that eager to welcome people into our church? Am I desperate for people to know the Savior? Am I willing to step out of my comfort zone so one who needs to know Christ may hear about His saving power from me? Are you?

Do I jump for joy with grand excitement when one who is lost is saved by the amazing grace of Christ Jesus? Do you?

"In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the
angels of God over one sinner who repents." ~Luke 15:10

No comments: