Sunday, September 14, 2008

Snuggly Comfort

As a child I can remember snuggling down deep in my covers at night, covering even my head with the cream colored comforter patterned with small pink tulips. My flannel sheets would surround me with warmth and I would feel completely safe from the world... and my brother's smelly socks across the hall.

It seems that not much has changed from one generation to the next. I snuck in Jake's room the other night to find him snuggled in his blanket with a pillow over his head, protecting him from the world... and the air conditioner.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
~2 Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments: