Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Warning of a Gigglestorm!



The Auton House woke up to Storm Warnings! Apparently, Tropical Storm Fay finally made her way to the Atlanta area. However, there was so much excitement in our house you would never have known a storm was brewing outside!

While the news was issuing Tornado Warnings and Flash Flood Watches, a severe storm was kicking up inside Nati Grace... that is, a storm full of giggles, smiles, and laughter! Nati Grace's enthusiasm was simply uncontainable!!! She could hardly wait to get in the car to see if the goats were in the field. (This is a tradition carried over from taking Jake to preschool.) Then, as we pulled up in the parking lot of McEachern Preschool, Jamie and I literally heard squeals from the backseat!

Nati Grace jumped out of the car and bounded up the steps to her classroom. After a quick hug for Mommy, she barely turned around long enough for me to snap a picture of her waving bye! I held it together until I got back in the car... then another storm of sorts erupted from my heart. My heart broke from an amazing sense of pride of a sweet little girl and also out of great pain that she is no longer just mine... I have to share her!

Warning: Another Gigglestorm is predicted for when I pick her up!

"Then our mouth was filled with laughter
And our tongue with joyful shouting;
Then they said among the nations,
'The Lord has done great things for them."
The Lord has done great things for us;
We are glad." ~Psalms126:2







No comments: