Monday, August 11, 2008

Letting Go and Holding Back

Nati Grace finally asked me, "Mommy, why are you crying and why are we still standing in the driveway?" To be honest I am glad she was still in my arms. Otherwise, I might have not known what to do with myself. Jake just left for his first day of first grade!

I am not usually a crier. But today, I was. Amazingly, I cried more today than when he went to Kindergarten. Maybe it is because I know he is no longer a "little kid," or maybe it's because he didn't need me to walk him in for his first day. Or maybe a mommy just needs to cry every now and then. Thankfully, I didn't cry until after he left. I decided I needed to hold back those tears until he couldn't see me. I wouldn't want him to think that he was not big enough for me to let go... a little.

"but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." ~2 Peter 3:18



No comments: