Thursday, November 13, 2008

Now...


Last week we got a special visit from the Stewarts! For those of you who do not know the Stewarts, let me introduce you to them. Chuck and Ann Stewart are two very precious people to the Auton family! They attend Hinesville Baptist Church where Jamie served as Associate Pastor for 2 years.

My children think that the Stewarts are just another set of grandparents and the Stewarts think of Jake and Nati Grace as their own as well! Not only are they precious to Jake and Nati Grace, but they are also very special to Jamie and myself!

Saturday morning, while breakfast was cooking, Ann was getting ready for the day. After showering, a little make-up, and some hair "fixing," Jake took a good look at Ann and declared, "Mrs. Stewart, now you look like you."

I have to admit, I have seen Ann with morning hair and no makeup, and she is still a beautiful lady! But I did begin to think about the implication of what Jake had to say. I know what I look like without makeup... kinda like my life without Christ! UGH!

Before Christ, I and every other believer, has the appearance of the world. We think like the world, do business like the world, treat others as the world would treat them and quite frankly our lives are all about one thing: ourselves! However, according to Romans 12, we see that the apostle Paul is reminding the Romans to renew their mind so that they may know the will of God. Hmmm... renewing my mind. How will that change the things I do, the ways I think, the way that I view the will of God? Perhaps, we need to be reminded that once were are believers we have the righteousness of Christ placed on us and that unlike makeup, it never comes off, never smudges, and never fades! I, you, we need to begin living with a renewed mind!


"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. For though the grace given to me I say to every man among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgement, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith." ~Romans 12:2-3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY! They haven't changed a bit! (The Stewart's, that is!) LOL Glad you had a good visit with old friends. We look forward to visiting FBC Hinesville next summer when we are in GA.